He's answering a question with The Truth.
Will he be hammered?
He won't care.
2. From the Los Angeles Times:
An FBI affidavit alleging that state Sen. Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) offered to set up an arms deal paints a starkly different picture of Yee than his public persona as a supporter of gun control and advocate against gun violence.
In 2006, Yee was named to the Gun Violence Prevention Honor Roll by the Brady Campaign for his efforts that included co-authoring a first-in-the-nation bill to require new semiautomatic handguns to be equipped with ballistics identification technology known as micro-stamping.
In 2013, he stood with law enforcement officials and then-Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa to propose a bill that would regulate assault weapons.Gun control isn't about guns; it's about control. If it were about guns, it would be called control guns.
3. From Twitter:
The 80s called, they want their ludicrous Steven Seagal movie plots back.This century really sucks so far on the foreign policy front.
— David Burge (@iowahawkblog) March 27, 2014
4. From Bloomberg News: "Guinea has forbidden the sale and consumption of bats and warned against eating rats and monkeys as the country combats a spread of Ebola, a hemorrhagic fever with a mortality rate of as much as 90 percent."
You might want to try a more kosher diet, Guinea. You don't have to be Jewish to at right.
Banning crap you should not be eating anyway is good.
5. From Info Wars: "Professor of Computer Science Dr. Kristian Hammond predicts that by 2030, 90 percent of all news stories will be written not by human reporters but by computer algorithms."
Once they get that liberal bias programmed, they will be good to go.
6. From Reuters: "Cuba is proposing a new Cuban foreign investment law that would cut the profits tax in half to 15 percent and exempt most investors from paying it for at least eight years, official media said on Wednesday."
So Cuba is lowering Cuba's already-lower-than-the-U.S. corporate taxes.
And we call them communists?
7. From the Daily Caller: "An Alabama congressional candidate uses a .40 Glock pistol, a .270 Cooper rifle and an AR-15 to destroy a copy of the Obamacare bill in a new video released by his campaign."
Joe Manchin is like, been there, done that.
8. From Senator John Cornyn on some dumbass Democratic proposal: “They want to pick and choose which journalists are covered. In other words, if you’re a blogger they might not cover you, but if you work for the New York Times they might. Given the changes in the way we get information and the way we consume news, that really smacks to me in essence of government licensing who’s an official ‘journalist’ for the purposes of a shield law and who’s not. If there is one thing I can glean from the First Amendment, it is that government should not be in the business of licensing the news media.”
It's called the Free Flow of Information Act, which of course does the opposite.
9. From Reason: "Hawaii cops have reached an agreement with state legislators that will limit the exemption that allows them to have sex with prostitutes. Police originally insisted on an open-ended license to fornicate, but now they are willing to settle for petting, and other activities that fall short of penetration."
The Scorekeeper cleaned up the quote, but you wonder what kind of police state we are in when the police union is negotiating how much sex cops can have with hookers while on the clock.
10. From AFP: "Barack Obama will meet Pope Francis for the first time Thursday for talks on a shared agenda to fight inequality which the US President hopes will help boost support at home. The talks between the first Latin-American pope and first African-American US president will focus on tackling the gap between the rich and the poor, but are likely to spill over into thornier issues such as abortion, homosexuals and contraception."
Maybe he can sign Frank up for Obamacare.
11. From the National Journal: "Is Vladimir Putin Coming for the North Pole Next?"
Lock and load, Santa.
Hey, environmentalists, Planet Earth thanks you for stopping the United States from drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge because we all know Russia will d a much better job -- of damaging the ecology.
Of course, the plan from the Watermelon Environmentalists more likely was to clear the way for Russia.
12. From Fox News: "Several Democratic senators moved Thursday to improve parts of ObamaCare, proposing numerous changes to the law amid concerns that it could cost Democrats House seats and possibly the Senate in November. The proposals came from a half-dozen senators, some of whom are facing reelection in the fall and most of whom represent moderate-to-conservative states. Since Democrats currently control the Senate, the proposals will put Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., in an uncomfortable position -- forcing him to decide whether to put the bills to a vote or sideline them, despite the political risks for his party's incumbents."
Here's an improvement: Put it in the drain, turn on the water and flip the garbage disposal on.
13. Via Tom Elia: From a letter to the editor in the Wall Street Journal:
You imply that Barack Obama, considering income inequality, feels there are two Americas. Yes, there are two Americas. The America that works and the America that doesn't. The America that contributes and the America that doesn't.Truth to power.
It isn't the haves and the have-nots. It's the doers and the don'ts. Some people do their duty as Americans, obey the law, support themselves, contribute to society; others don't. That's the divide in America.
The Constitution gives you equality before the law. It doesn't give income equality. Life is what you make of it. That's not invective, that's truth.
Grosse Pointe Park, Mich.
14. From Breitbart: "The Obama administration has been helping to facilitate a series of events nationwide at Mexican Consulate offices to enroll people in Obamacare – and a key activist says the efforts are 'our responsibility' regardless of citizenship."
Joe Wilson pointed out President Obama lied when Obama pledged that no illegal immigrants would be covered.
The press got on Joe Wilson.
15. From Republicans on the Senate Budget Committee: "In 2009, President Obama predicted his policies would produce 4.2 percent growth in 2013 — more than double the actual, anemic growth rate of 1.9 percent. Since making that projection, President Obama has had much of his economic agenda implemented: the $870 billion stimulus bill, Dodd-Frank financial regulations, Obamacare, restrictions on American energy, $1.7 trillion in higher taxes, unfettered regulation, etc. Our debt has soared from $10.6 trillion to $17.5 trillion on the promise that this would stimulate the economy and produce prosperity, yet now we’re left with none of the prosperity and all of the debt."
Does anyone in the press even care about the truth anymore?
Final score: GOOD 8, EVIL 7.