Supply adjusts to demand.
2. Tweet of the day.
Sen. Harkin says of Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and other Republicans who have visited Iowa this year: "The clown car's filling up pretty rapidly"Ah, civil discourse.
— Rebecca Berg (@rebeccagberg) September 15, 2013
The clown car is a good name for President Obama's Cabinet.
3. Sports tweet of the day.
OUCH. @ChickFilA "Like the #Browns, we take Sundays off." pic.twitter.com/sINVUumoT7Rooting for the Browns is like rooting for root canal.
— Jeff Barrett (@BarrettAll) September 15, 2013
You know it is going to hurt but you have to go through with it anyway.
4. From the Associated Press: "The gap in employment rates between America's highest- and lowest-income families has stretched to its widest levels since officials began tracking the data a decade ago, according to an analysis of government data conducted for The Associated Press."
The Captain Obvious at AP strikes again.
Pretty much, if you have a job, you have an income.
It's discrimination against the lazy.
If you are disabled and cannot find a job, the federal government will help you.
5. From the Daily Caller: "Russian President Vladimir Putin has accepted Iran’s invitation to visit Tehran to work out a strategy for the Islamic regime’s nuclear program, Fars News Agency reported Saturday. The West believes the Iranian program is a front for developing nuclear weapons."
The leader of the world is a busy man. NT4G.
No time for golf.
6. From the Los Angeles Times: "Amid slow economic recovery, more Americans identify as 'lower class.' A small but surging share of Americans consider themselves 'lower class,' a surprise to some researchers and activists despite the bruising economy."
You got your change, America.
Too bad it did not come with any hope.
7. From Reuters: "With most Democrats keeping an eye on former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for hints about her 2016 plans, Vice President Joe Biden's appearance at Iowa's 36th annual Tom Harkin Steak Fry, may one day be viewed as a telling sign of his presidential intentions."
Swiping a page from the Neil Kinnock playbook.
8. From Breitbart: "No H8? -- Bombshell Book: Matthew Shepard Tortured, Murdered by Gay Lover."
Roe wasn't gang-raped.
Trayvon Martin was banging George Zimmerman's head against the sidewalk.
The trailer had nothing to do with the torture and murder of Ambassador Stevens.
But, as Hillary said, what difference does it make?
9. From Climate Depot: "Earth Gains A Record Amount Of Sea Ice In 2013 — ‘Earth has gained 19,000 Manhattans of sea ice since this date last year, the largest increase on record’."
Presenting the ear worm of the day, "Under Pressure."
Yo, IPCC,Pretty much the worst ear worm so far.
Let's kick it!
Ice Ice Baby,
Ice Ice Baby.
All right stop,
Ice is back
It’s a brand new admission
Polar bears are chilling out
Sniffing for delicious seals with their snouts
Will it ever stop?
Yo – I don't know
Turn off the lights, global warmers
To the extreme I mock you snake charmers
Light up a stage and wax Al Gore the alarmer.
Ice Age Baby, is chilling,
Ice Age Baby, is willing,
Ice Age Baby, is coming,
Ice Age Baby, it is here.
Word to your mother!
10. From ABC News: "Police officers shooting at what appeared to be an emotionally disturbed man in New York City's Times Square accidentally struck two innocent bystanders instead, police said today."
Bad aim aside, causing a disturbance gets you shot in New York City?
This is why Andy made Barney keep his bullet in his pocket.
Mayor Bloomberg's ban on guns should begin with his trigger-happy police.
11. From Bloomberg News: "Lawrence Summers’ withdrawal as a candidate for Federal Reserve chairman came after an unprecedented campaign to stop a Fed nominee even before he was announced, spearheaded by Democratic senators who took on a president of their own party."
They won't appoint to the Fed chairmanship the man who concocted that $787 billion stimulus?
12. From the Boston Globe: "Attorney General Martha Coakley, who only three years ago appeared to be finished politically, will join the race for governor with an announcement in her hometown of Medford on Monday followed by an 18-city barnstorming tour for the next three days, a top Coakley political aide said."
Look for her to shake hands at Fenway Park this time.
13. Photo of the day via Political Clown Parade.
14. From the Los Angeles Times: "According to the fan group Volume 12, the crowd at CenturyLink Field on Sunday night for the Seahawks' game against San Francisco set a Guinness World Records mark for "loudest crowd roar at a sports stadium" when it hit 131.9 decibels after a sack of 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick during the first quarter."
They keep records of this?
15. From Don Surber: "DAVID beat Goliath on Tuesday in a doubleheader in Colorado.
"Voters recalled Democratic state Senate President John Morse and replaced him with Republican Bernie Herpin.
"Then for good measure, voters recalled and replaced Democratic state Sen. Angela Giron with Republican George Rivera."
Now if the Cleveland Indians could trade for David, we'd make the playoffs for sure.
16. From Fox News: "An analysis of state records by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram found that 57-year-olds last year sought the most concealed handgun licenses in Texas.
"In recent years, Texans aged 63, 52, 61 and 60 have also led the way in gun permits.
"Texas has more than 580,000 concealed-carry permit holders statewide.
"The Star-Telegram reported Monday that about 26 percent of those were issued last year."
Do I have a gun or not? Feeling lucky, punk?
17. From the London Daily Mail: "A leaked copy of the world’s most authoritative climate study reveals scientific forecasts of imminent doom were drastically wrong.
"The Mail on Sunday has obtained the final draft of a report to be published later this month by the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, the ultimate watchdog whose massive, six-yearly ‘assessments’ are accepted by environmentalists, politicians and experts as the gospel of climate science.
"They are cited worldwide to justify swingeing fossil fuel taxes and subsidies for ‘renewable’ energy.
"Yet the leaked report makes the extraordinary concession that the world has been warming at only just over half the rate claimed by the IPCC in its last assessment, published in 2007."
Alfred Nobel wants his prize back.
(Yes, the Scorekeeper had to look up swingeing. Quit wingeing about it. Someone please teach the British to speak English.)
18. From the shootings in Washington, the whine of the day:
I know folks are relishing an opportunity to get out their hatred for media; I'm just trying to provide context for what we got wrongIf you do not know, don't report. Quit guessing.
— Chuck Todd (@chucktodd) September 16, 2013
This is another reason the Scorekeeper is silent on breaking news; he cannot trust the reporting.
Where are the editors?
Oh, you thought Chuck Todd was the whiner.
19. From the New York Times: "Obama Warns Congress Not to Imperil Economy."
Hey guys, knock it off; imperiling the economy is his job.
20. From the Guardian: "According to Forbes magazine the 400 wealthiest Americans are worth a record $2.02 trillion (£1.4tn), up from $1.7tn in 2012, a collective fortune slightly bigger than Russia's economy.
"In another sign of fizziness at the top of the economy, the cost to enter the billionaires' club has also gone up to levels not seen since the 2008 crash. In 2013, an aspiring plutocrat needs at least $1.3bn to make the Forbes list – the highest since just before the collapse of Lehman Brothers sent stock markets plummeting."
This was the change Obama really meant.
Now shut up and eat your food stamps.
Final score: GOOD 14, EVIL 6.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/donsurber.
My email is email@example.com.